Monday 29 June 2009

Italiano!

Habari!
Well its not my usual day to be here, but I am sending off my prayer letter and making the most of my time in the internet café. Probably the most exciting stuff going on has been the Italian team. 5 Italian girls, 3 USA missionaries living in Italy with their sons and a couple from Hawai! Speaking Spanish means I can sort of communicate with the girls that have very little English and it is fun! We are all camping in the living room and it has been fine but now we are waking up at 5am when Anne and Sarah wake up to go to school and going to sleep 10.30 because of the team’s meetings but it is 100% worth it, learning from their experiences and getting to know them is fantastic! By the end of the week we will probably be exhausted but definetly worth it.

Today they took over the nursery, so we had nothing to prepare, they did songs, shared the gospel, played games with us, taught us the songs, we are really grateful they did the whole program . We have an outside shower now so we really are living in the BUSH (just take a bucket and a jug, pour out the water from the big container and splash yourself a shower), it is the best view I have ever had in a shower (second best being Tambopata in S3 lol). Susie is really working hard for the visitors so the food has been fantastic (even more than usual) but after the first few bites you are engrossed in a conversation so interesting that people are collecting up the plates and you realize you are not finished yet! The girls want to have a sleepover and I am shocked to her myself say this but, they will be on a bus the next day for 6 hours and we will have to work (heeeeelp I am becoming a groan-up) but I think we may still go for it!
Anyways, I leave u for now as I put pix on facebook (its working now!)
LOVE!

Kat

1 comment:

  1. awesome =D looks like you're having an incredible time, it's always good to know from you heh

    take care (and the pics in facebook are great xD)

    ReplyDelete