Thursday 16 July 2009

Jambo!

=).
Here I am again, in my faithful internet café (I really should take a picture of it!) after a long week! I am alone, unfortunately, because Rahel was sick yesterday and is resting today. The week has been pretty standard. On Sunday morning we finished with the parable of the sower (good soil, the early church as an example) and the kids finished off their little books. By the time we were through it was too late to go down to church with Vitilus so Rahel and I were able to get a bit of rest.
This whole week all the kids (or, almost all of them) have been coming to Final Class and it is a handful! Interestingly, although he still makes noise Cavin Akech is miles better than before and it is surprisingly Devis that is making all the classroom chaos. I think there is something not quite right with him, he lives with an alcoholic father and really is behaviour is very erratic and he is always dreaming somewhere far off during class, or singing or making noises, or standing up, so it was pretty trialing, but you can’t hate any of them (even if your temper decides to get lost) – it turns out it is the most troublesome ones you get attached to. Rahel was King Nebuchadnezzar and I was Daniel on Monday so that was pretty fun =).

I am a shame to my family because of my attire. I had my flip flops and after Queen stood on one and it “got kaput” I switched to my sandals and they did not last long on the rocky terrain that leads to the main road and the soles started coming off. So then I switched to my good flip flop and my okay sandal and used them over this week (much to the amusement of the kids that realized) until the sole fell off my sandal and that was when Vitilus suggested I give it to him to take to the fundi on the main road. So now I am in trainers again. Walking home the same day Susan commented on my ripped skirt (In various places) and suggested an exchange: she would give me a skirt from her stock and I would donate mine to be a rag to wash the floor at nursery school. So now I am decent again. It was particularly funny that we went to a little shop and left our shoes outside as we were in… Rahel said the girl went to sort the shoes out and picked up my flip flop, couldn’t find the other one, looked decidedly confused and then saw an odd sandal for the other foot and put them together. He he.

Thanks for the rain prayers, there have been a few rainy days but we still need more =). Pray for our health, my skin is drying up again but this time I have the medicine so let us hope it gets better and that Rahel could get up her strength as well as a safe trip to Nairobi to renew our VISA (on Sat).
Lots of love,

Kat

Ps. Last night at midnight I woke up and my eyes were killing me (or, the skin around them) so I couldn’t sleep and neither could Rahel as she had been lying in bed practically the whole day, feeling rotten. It took us about an hour to realize the other person was awake so at 1am we turned the light on, shared a cereal bar (the last one!) and talked till about 3.15am when the light suddenly switched itself off (it tends to do that) and so we went to sleep. So today we are a little tired, but it was a good time and we were grouchy when we woke up but as we talked we laughed, shared and had fun. =).

1 comment:

  1. te dieron tu visa? :(
    te curaste? :(
    me quieres? :(
    jojo mentira

    ReplyDelete